US Website

Use this forum to discuss topics applicable to US & Canadian IC Sailors
TimClark

US Website

Post by TimClark » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Am I the only one that can't accept the US IC site? It might be this computer as it's pretty messed up, but I wanted to see if it was down or if its this computer.

TC

H Virtue

Post by H Virtue » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi Tim,

I think you may need to get your computer cleaned, I dont have a problem.

H.

Dunno

Post by Dunno » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:36 am

Bookmark this site. I have only used it once or twice so dont really know how well it works

http://www.alertra.com/

TimClark

Post by TimClark » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks...I totally re-imaged the hardrive as the adware was taking over the computer, works now. Thanks again.

TC

jkells

Re: US Website

Post by jkells » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:56 pm

The US website has fallen on hard times. The Gallery, News & Schedule no longer work. If any one in the IC community has any suggestions for what kind of software will allow members to easily post news, events and media, (Photos & Video) your input would be appreciated. Karl has put in a substantial effort to get the site up & running, but attempts to make the website more user friendly using open source software have not been successful. As an aside, this effort will require a little cash, so payment of class dues would be appreciated.

We should also expect to see some long awaited reports from OZ by Will Clark once we sort out our IT issues

Thank you

John Kells
USA-244
US IC Class Secretary
Last edited by jkells on Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

jimc

Post by jimc » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:58 pm

jkells wrote: If any one in the IC community has any suggestions for what kind of software will allow members to easily post news, events and media, (Photos & Video) your input would be appreciated.
The UK Cherubs http://www.uk-cherub.org/ seem to have got something running for them using dokuwiki : http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:dokuwiki . Their use of it postdates my involvement in the class, but if it looks to suit I can give you an intro to the guy who set it up...

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:07 pm

I'm trying to pull together pictures and various resources for the new UK website. Your gallery doesn't seem to work, is it me or is there a problem with the US site?
Steve Clarke (UK)
GBR338 "Money4Nuffin

jkells

Post by jkells » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:37 am

Steve,

The US Web Page has fallen on hard times. Our gallery software was corupted, and the new gallery software that we installed is not compatible with the galleries that we have. I have many skills, but web design is not on that list. Karl W. has puut in a significant amount of time and effort into this, but without sucsess. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

John K

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:12 am

I could look at building you a US sub site (sub to the http://www.intcanoe.org) in Joomla if you are interested. I have looked at doing it for the AUS one, but we have a pretty sweet deal so I'll do it if that deal changes.

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:41 pm

We are using Joomal as well and it is quite easy to use once you get your head around it. Great for loading up articles but can be a bit fiddly when setting pages to look nice up but well worth a go. We still haven't sorted out the Gallery yet but the rest is almost there and only taken a few weeks to sort out. Ed Bremner might be able to assist as well if you need help.
Steve Clarke (UK)
GBR338 "Money4Nuffin

jkells

Post by jkells » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:46 am

Christian & Steve,

I will follow up on this end. Your offers sound attractive, but I am not familiar with the software that you are describing.

JK

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:21 am

jkells wrote:Christian & Steve,

I will follow up on this end. Your offers sound attractive, but I am not familiar with the software that you are describing.

JK
JOOMLA is pretty user friendly, and Neil did a lot of good groundwork so we could host National sites on the world website (sharing the calendar and noticeboard..... much like the i14's do on their site).

Willy Clark

Post by Willy Clark » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:35 am

The US IC Site is alive, my sister has re animated it from the dead. Anyone trying to get on the site SHOULD be able to.

best,

Willy

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 am

Guys,

Is there a problem with you website again? The links seem to now go to intcanoe.us site which is not right and a message "The name servers for this domain (intcanoe.us) are incorrectly configured." appears.

I need some pictures of new rules boats for an article in the UK and was hoping to get some from your gallery but the above has stopped this. Pictures of a layout of one of Chris Maas boats would be nice, showing the cockpit layout. The sailing Anarchy Pictures are not high enough res.
Steve Clarke (UK)
GBR338 "Money4Nuffin

Chris Maas

Post by Chris Maas » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:27 pm

Steve,
I will be happy to send you pictures, just let me know where.
Chris