The International Canoe

The forum for the International Canoe
It is currently Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:03 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Boots with speed grip
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:03 pm 

Over the winter I added speed grip to my dance floor, I went out today with Aigle Maramu Boots on (hard rubber boot wth tan rubber sole). I wasn't expecting to be able to do Spider-man impressions but was shocked at how slippy the speed grip was. I a now developing a very nice bruise on my thigh from a tumble.

Can anyone advise a good boot that works with speed grip or advise any further prep to improve the speed grip.

All that said after a seven year canoe hiatus it was great to out again, what a fantastic boat, going to be grinning from ear to ear for a week.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Boots with speed grip
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:09 pm 

After a visit to West Marine in Richmond USA at the recent IC event,I can say most definitely that my favourite boots this week for grip and everything else are the Sperry Topsider wetboots. They are light and comfortable and do not suffer from an over large zip that interferes with any paintwork that it gets close to. They are 80 US.This is good value,if you happen to be over there. Sorry. Perhaps you can get them over here. Anyway,brill grippy.
Actually called "seahikers,with X3 grip".

Profile E-mail