The International Canoe

The forum for the International Canoe
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:46 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sailing Commission Minutes Nov. 2009
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:54 am
Posts: 9
ICF Sailing Commission

Conference Call meeting 13.00 GMT November 8th 2009

Minutes

1. Present
Alan Powell ( Chair), Arne Stahl, Felicity Robson, Oliver Moore.

2. Apologies
Ola Barthelsson and Kevin Knott were unavailable.

3. Statement of Purpose
The Statement of Purpose from the Draft Commission Development Plan was agreed.

4. Individual and collective Commission Roles
The following Individual Commission Roles were agreed:
Felicity Robson, General Secretary and AC representative.
Arne Stahl, Fixtures Secretary and 2011 World Championship organiser.
Oliver Moore, Technical Secretary and ‘new rules ‘IC representative. AP has emailed Ola to ask if he would take on responsibility for overseeing the IC one-design (Nethercott). Yet to be confirmed
AP has emailed Kevin to ask if he would take on responsibility for overseeing the web presence of the class. Yet to confirm.
Action AP
5. Commission Development Plan
This was discussed and approved as a programme to follow.
Specific points:
Promotion AP to seek support for the discipline at the ICF Board Meeting in Dec. 2009.
Action AP
Technical Rules OM to begin work with Steve Clark on a glossary of terms to help clarify the new rules. AP drew attention to the work done by Colin Brown on drafting a Measurement form for the new rules.
Action OM
Fixtures Dealt with later in the agenda.

Participation AP expressed the hope that we could facilitate better international sharing of technologies (e.g. Steve Clark’s sharing of files for CNC ply cutting for hulls and seats) and good practice (e.g. UK regatta organisation to involve all three IC variants).
AS suggested the setting up of a resources database to enable individual members to access expertise and source materials and equipment on a global basis. Agreed in principle.
Publicity AP asked if a post on the Commission was required to ensure that the most positive profile of the class is maintained on the web. It was felt that each National Federation should take responsibility in their country. The international website and Forums are well monitored and, if minutes are published and the administration is transparent, the most accurate profile is available to all. We cannot have any control over opinion on sites such as Sailing Anarchy but can refer critics to our homepages.
There is still a need for publicity materials and good photographs/videos etc. This is potentially another area for international mutual support.
National newsletters are published online and have been very successful in maintaining an international presence.
Budget AP reported that the remaining funds had been transferred from Ben Fuller. The only expense to date had been the fee for the domain name icworlds.org. AP hopes to negotiate an annual budget at the ICF Board Meeting. Action AP


6. National Federation Development Plans
It was agreed to ask National Federations to complete an outline Development Plan so a more complete overview is available. AP to circulate National Secretaries with the BCU model template. Action AP

7. International Fixtures
The following fixtures were noted:
USA. Midwinter Championship. Sarasota. March 2010 Dates t.b.a.
Sweden. International Regatta. Gothenburg 19/20thJune 2010
Germany. National Championship Travemunde 23 – 27th July 2010
Europa Cup Wilhelmshaven 29 – 31st July 2010
Great Britain. National Championship. Weymouth 28 - 31 August 2010

8. Preparation for the World Championship 2011
AP had emailed Peter McLaren and Christian Knott to ask that documents relating to the past two World Championships be forwarded to AS. These have been acknowledged and materials are to be sent.
AS asked about protocols relating to invitations to officials and ICF dignitaries. AP to find out. Action AP
AP confirmed icworlds.org was available for the new website. AS to liaise with Neil Witt at ico3. Action AS

9. Trophies for World Championship The formal Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded as usual. OM to ask Steve Clark if he is still prepared to put up a trophy for the one-design IC (Nethercott) which was offered in Australia. FR to check with the BCU on which trophy is to be allocated for the AC. AP to ask KK if the Regatta Manager sponsor is still prepared to put up a trophy for the IC New rules.
Action OM, FR, AP

10. Report to ICF Board Meeting Dec. 2009-11-09
AP will write this and circulate before submitting to the ICF.
Action AP

11. A.O.B.
There was no other business at this time.


12. Date of next meeting
It was proposed to hold another conference call over the weekend of 20/21st February 2010. Times to be confirmed.
Action AP



Alan Powell November 9th 2009


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group