new rules question

Use this forum to discuss the latest changes in the class
GBR242

Re: new rules question

Post by GBR242 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 am

Thanks,

yes, I had missed that.

Only seen the previous one!

An up-to-date version would be very helpful. Lets hope someone at worlds has the time.

eib
Ed Bremner
GBR314 - Silver Surfer
GBR242 - For sale
Lowly forum moderator
Classic & Vintage Racing Dinghy Association
http://www.cvrda.org

Mal Smith

Post by Mal Smith » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 am

If the hull were to meet the BMS measurement for a range of BMS positions, how do you nominate which position is used? The main concern is that while the hull might meet the transverse tape and hull depth requirements, it might not meet the fore and aft tape requirements over the whole range of possible BMS positions. Am I right in assuming that the BMS can be shifted until a point is found where the hull does measure in?
AUS019

jimc

Post by jimc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:37 am

Mal Smith wrote:Am I right in assuming that the BMS can be shifted until a point is found where the hull does measure in?
Yep, the measurement point is intended to float - or at least that was the intention when we were talking about this. As long as there's a point on the hull where all the conditions are satisfied that should be OK. The idea was to avoid the type forming and distortions that occur in some classes where they have fixed measurement points but still mandate that the required dimensions existed somewhere on the boat.