TinTeardrop .... R I P!

Use this forum to discuss the latest changes in the class
wee mcp

TinTeardrop .... R I P!

Post by wee mcp » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:46 pm

Andy P has left the building! ... or at least chopped two foot of the back of TT and added wings and spinny.

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index. ... opic=99446

http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/forum/ ... =6130&PN=1

This is not good for the future of a new Uk fleet. The lack of numbers in new boats seems to be partly the reason.

I'll come out of the closet and say I've got a new build underway, pics to follow.
John Ellis is in the planning stages, anyone else got anything they want to add.

Ian McP

currently GBR 253 Stingray
"Sometimes its a boat, sometimes more of an accident .. It all depends" - Pooh Bear
IC GBR305

Phil Robin

Re: TinTeardrop .... R I P!

Post by Phil Robin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:12 am

To encourage more boats on the water, you will see that I have put my boat on the market, and if someone is tempted to buy it I will get another Morrison, which will be almost identical - I can't fault the hull design.
Limited interest so far and if I haven't sold it in the next 10 days or so, I'll take it off the market as i won't have enough time to get a new one on the water for the new season.
The current economic woes have not encouraged new boats to be built (in any class) but I think we will see quite a few new UK boats by the time of the 2011 Travemunde Worlds.
I'm not so sure that Andy's latest free thinking is bad for the class - I certainly look forward to see how it performs against the ACs and Steve Clarke's new boat - let's hope we can persuade him to cross the solent and participate at an Open.
Phil
K 41 Conquest
GBR 328 Little Scarlet

wee mcp

Post by wee mcp » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:59 am

Thanks for the reply Phil,
I was hoping that Scarlett was on the market to help build numbers. Good on ya! I might have been tempted had I not already started on the developed ply job - a modified SHC Second String type. I've been keeping a photo record of the build, in case anyone else is tempted, and hope to get some stuff up on the forum in due course.

Anyway if the ply job dosn't work as an IC maybe Andy and I can start up the XC class :idea: :D :D

Ian McP

Stingray GBR253
"Sometimes its a boat, sometimes more of an accident .. It all depends" - Pooh Bear
IC GBR305

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:52 am

wee mcp wrote:Thanks for the reply Phil,
I was hoping that Scarlett was on the market to help build numbers. Good on ya! I might have been tempted had I not already started on the developed ply job - a modified SHC Second String type. I've been keeping a photo record of the build, in case anyone else is tempted, and hope to get some stuff up on the forum in due course.

Anyway if the ply job dosn't work as an IC maybe Andy and I can start up the XC class :idea: :D :D

Ian McP

Stingray GBR253
Ian

thats real good news - i'm very content with my "original" SHC second string design (GER 78)and managed to be faster than string theory (now in germany and owned by Tobias) in the only race we did compete this year. Of course this is far from being representative - but makes me optimistic about the overall perfomance of GER 78.

Roger
GER 68 + 78
GER 68

mikeewart

Post by mikeewart » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Phil a tentative enquiry from a lad at my club about your boat what sort of price are you looking at? send me a PM if you want to. I think it will be too much for him but who am I to decide blind
regards Mike Ewart GBR250