IC Communities

News and Updates
jkells

IC Communities

Post by jkells » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:58 am

If this site is to be truly the International site: I suggest that we include forums for Sweden & Germany. While language may be a barrier, I think that the class would be well served if the Swedes & Germans had a place to post what is going on in those countries. With improved communication, perhaps we could avoid some of the misunderstandings that have occurred in the past due to ignorance & a lack of understanding. I think that it would be very interesting to know what was happening around the Baltic Sea.

I would further suggest that the "USA Forum" could be re-titled "North American Forum" as the US & Canadian IC Sailors are really one community, especially on the West Coast. Truth be told, there is more interaction between US & Canadian IC Sailors on the West Coast than there is between IC sailors on the East & West Coasts due to distance & the price of fuel.

Of course, we North Americans could post more on the USA Forum as well......

Arne & Ola, What are your thoughts?

Best

John Kells
USA-244, Mayhem

jimc

Re: IC Communities

Post by jimc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Seems like a good idea.
jkells wrote:While language may be a barrier,
phpBB does have multilingual capabilities.I don't know how much work it would be for Neil to set up though.

neil

Post by neil » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:51 pm

Changes have been made. The Language shouldn't be a problem - I run one of these forums with Finnish, Dutch and German sub forums, and as the posting depends on the user's keyboard - the forum will display foreign characters without a problem.
K26 - update on progress at pegasus18.com/zenith

jkells

Post by jkells » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Neil,

Thanks for making the changes. This goes a long was toward making this site a site for ALL IC sailors.

Best

John Kells
USA-244, Mayhem

Christian AUS

Post by Christian AUS » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:17 pm

"If you build it, they will come"

Well it's been built, I hope we can attract all IC nations to the Forum - I have no problems finding a translator program if it means I get to read what is happening in Sweden, and importantly Germany as we look towards 2011.

Cheers Neil

jkells

Post by jkells » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:54 am

New Years Eve Fortune Cookie:

"Don't Wory about the world comming to an end, it is already tomorrow in Australia!"