IC GBR219 For Sale

Feel free to post For Sale and Wanted adverts in this forum
simonmw

IC GBR219 For Sale

Post by simonmw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:44 am

After much deliberation, and a little bit reluctantly, I have decided to think about selling my IC, GBR219

I have owned her for about 8 or 9 years, and carried out a big refit a couple of years ago- pics of the refit and some more of her sailing (pre-refit) at http://picasaweb.google.com/monstersailing413

She is in immaculate condition, and very well sorted and equipped-

2 mains, 1 Orange monofilm with very little use, 1 older mylar main which is good for practice and still wins races in a club handicap fleet.

4 Jibs, 1 Sanders dacron, 2 Orange dacron and 1 performance sails pentex laminate. All are in good condition, fast and competitive at club level. The Sanders jib has recently had its window replaced.

Proctor black anodised aluminium mast, and a spare silver aluminium mast. The spare has a crack in the foot but was sailing around with said crack for a couple of years before I replaced it, so while it wouldn't be great for general use unless it was properly repaired, it would 'get you out of jail' if you broke the other one and needed a quick fix.

2 superspars booms- 1 new when I first bought the boat and in excellent condition- the other is a large diameter round section boom which I acquired, (this is one of the last generation of aluminium booms, very light and stiff) although I have never got round to fitting it.

Good carbon foils, which have some small epoxy repairs where they have been chipped, but are fair and fast.

Combi trailer in good roadworthy condition.

Mast up top cover which is tatty but servicable.

Flat top cover for winter storage.

All-in-one zip up 'body bag' which the entire hull fits into for towing or storage.

Bags for everything- sail bags, padded foil bags, padded seat bag with zip, mast bag.

During the refit a couple of years ago I removed and replaced the foredeck, repainted the entire hull and deck with two-pack gloss (foredeck varnished), fitted a modern self-tacking jib setup, re-arranged all the controls so everything works perfectly, fitted adjustable dyneema lower shrouds to gooseneck height, and generally tidied the boat and sorted out all the niggles. Everything pretty much does what it says on the tin.

I've decided to sell her for a few different reasons- but primarily because after persevering for quite a few years, I have finally concluded that the canoe isn't really the ideal boat for my sailing club (situated on a narrow muddy tidal ditch full of moored yachts)! Also, having gone to so much effort to get the boat looking as good as I possibly can, I'm finding that I'm far too conscious of scratching something every time I go out... Also I am spending much more of my sailing time these days crewing a two-handed dinghy during the summer, and looking out for a more manoeuvrable (cheaper, more battered) singlehander (10+ year old moth for example, anyone know of one for sale?) for the winter racing.

I am looking for somewhere in the £1800 region. I realise this is the upper end of the price range for a Nethercott IC, but then this particular one is one of the best examples you will find.

Please feel free to message me or give me a ring on 07745 133471 if you would like to have a chat or need further info,

Simon.

simonmw

Re: IC GBR219 For Sale

Post by simonmw » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 am

I forgot to say in the above post- she is a kevlar/foam/carbon hull with timber deck.