The International Canoe

The forum for the International Canoe
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NEW YORK CANOE CUP NEEDS TO BE COLLECTED IT WAS SENT IN TIME
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:45 am 

I have just got off the phone with Australia Post, the have looked up and tell me that the parcel that contains the New York Canoe Cup is sitting in a post office somewhere in Germany and that an attempted delivery was made on the 27 August 2011.

I have seen on photo's posted on facebook the cup didn't make it to the championship which I'm disappointed about as Chris, David and Will deserved to have the trophy there when they won it.

From when I received an address to send the trophy is was packed up and sent asap. It was touch and go if it would make it in time, however clearly from the tracking of the parcel it an attempt was made fro delivery days before it needed to be at the championship....

I hope someone can collect the trophy asap and send it on to the team that won the trophy.

If anyone would like a tracking number to track the parcel further please PM me and I will forward this info on.

Regards
Hayden

Post subject: Re: NEW YORK CANOE CUP NEEDS TO BE COLLECTED IT WAS SENT IN TIME
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 am 

C'mon guys, let's not loose the thing. That would be tragic...

http://jethrowsicpage.blogspot.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:32 am 

It appears there to be not allot of interest in the cup... its still sitting in a post office somewhere in Germany, my next step will be to see about having it returned to me so its not lost and forgotten about.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 pm 

My understanding is that the cup was held up in German customs because there was a query about its value. Arne Stahl and Eckhardt Pagel were trying to sort out. I brought the trophy from the UK to Australia as personal luggage for the last worlds and had a letter explainng what it is (but no value mentionrd) which seemed to keep the customs people happy - they were more interested in soft fruit as I recall. If it helps I can try to dig out the letter.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 am 

Hi Phil,
Yes I was told the same, but the online tracking info and subsequent follow up phone call tell me otherwise. If you can do anything to help get the cup to where it should be that would be great for Chris, Dave and Willy.

I've copped some flack in some pm's suggestion it wasn't sent from Australia in time, so I'm a little frustrated that its still sitting in a post office somewhere in Germany when it could cleary to me have been at the event on time. It cleared German Customs on the 26th of last month and attempted delivery was made on the 27th.

I've had some nice pm's also suggesting I just give it some time for those who can to log on here see this post and then do what they can to collect the cup. Which I have responded to in saying "yep good call".

So from here I'll leave it to those in Germany or whoever has the inclination and/or resources to collect the cup and forward it onto the current holders of the cup in the US. If the postal system returns it to me in due course I'll advise of this happening however I wont instigate this action myself unless requested to do so ICF Sailing committee...

Good sailing
Hayden
P.S. My IC is for sale at a rock bottom price

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:50 am 

I also got the tracking info about an attempted delivery, but there was no delivery just letter from the customs that it could not be delivered because of missing value on the outside of the parcel. Ecki investigated how to get it out and now the cup is on its way to him. So it is not still sitting in a post office. It actually never was in a post office. Just in a customs office or whatever. So, we are doing our best to get the cup to the US!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:09 pm 

It is here now! And it will be sent to the winning team in the next days.

Cheers, Arne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 pm 

Hi all,

Yes I have just received a confirmation email saying its delivered.

All I can say is we have been told different story's depending if we are in Australia or Germany what ever the "truth" is only the postal systems will know. The important thing is Ecki has it and its getting sent onto the winning team.

Again I was frustrated about getting negative comments about the trophy not being at the event on time, when I sent it asap after getting an address to send it to and then have tracking info and being told by Australia Post that the trophy was sitting in a post office uncollected, if that is not the case and you have different information being in Germany then thats ok and I accept it, just understand from my point of view the information I had been given

A lesson learnt for the future is for the trophy to be confirmed it will be at the event with a competitor or spectator at least a 3 months prior or it is posted to the organiser and arrive at least 1 month prior to the championships to ensure the winners rightfully are awarded the trophy on the day.

I'm glad it in Canoe Sailors hands once again I would be devastated if it was lost in the post.

Good sailing
H.