http://www.ICWorlds2017.com

I am hoping to achieve regular updates.

Tony Marston
Worlds Organiser

Post subject: Re: WORLDS WEBSITE 2017
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:16 pm 

Just registered my "intention to race" on the website
http://icworlds2017.com/?page_id=36url
You do this from the entry page on the racing drop down.

Who else is going?

Any speculation on who's going to be fast?

New boats in the UK being built for this, looking fast....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:42 pm 

Notice of Race & Entry Form
The Notice of Race (NOR) and Entry Form are now available on the WORLDS WEBSITE http://www.icworlds2017.com (under DOCUMENTS) and as you are probably aware (good man yourself - Alistair Warren !), you can now record your intention to enter (under SALING).

The 'Entry Intentions' is a guide to me re numbers and for me to get your contact details so I can pester and persuade any who may need encouragement to come to PWLLHELI*, North Wales this summer for the XX INTERNATIONAL CANOE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, an event which is essential for anyone remotely involved or attracted to canoe sailing, for their future progress through life.

Simply complete the online 'Entry intention' and all will be well.

Tony Marston
Organiser

* pronounced Pwoothelly...further pronunciation help available at Plas Heli.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 am 

Having registered my 'intention to sail', I checked the web site for information about staying in my VW campervan at the sailing venue during the World championship. I could find nothing about motorhomes on the Pwellheli Sailing Club website, but eventually found the information I needed by going to the separate Plas Heli website. There is a form to send back on line to reserve a space with an electrical hook up. I doubt if there will be any shortage of motorhome places once our IC Worlds start on the Saturday, but a problem may arise on the previous Thursday and Friday nights as it seems the Merlin Rockets will be finishing their Nationals on these two days when we are doing boat measuring and so on.

At 74, with some health issues, I have figured out this is probably my last chance in life to join in the ' IC Worlds experience' so I intend to enter, subject to agreement by my cardiologist when I see him on July 5, though I shall probably do only some of the races and then only on the less windy days. Last year I gave the Europeans a miss as my cardiologist was expecting to be operating on me during the winter just past. Further tests showed my leaking Aortic heart valve is less severe than it seemed to be last year, open heart so surgery has been put off for a while yet, giving me the chance to at least join in some of the races, hoping for a nice force 3 most days. I shall be doing other competitors a service, at least there will be someone else in the championships who you should be able to beat, much as I will be trying keep you behind me and not come last! It will be my first time sailing my Dragonfly design IC on the sea as recently the only sailing I have been doing has been at my home club, Draycote Water SC.

I can now claim to have qualified for maturity at last! Three weeks ago I became a granddad for my first time, not just once but twice; my daughter-in-law gave birth to twins on April 5. Thomas and Samuel were yesterday both weighing in at 11 ounces more than their premature birth weight of just under 5lbs. Mum, at 39, seems to be doing fine after a normal delivery, avoiding a C section. The Airedale Maternity Hospital near Bradford was fantastically good.

Colin Newman

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 am 

Inspirational Colin!

I look forward to meeting you and sailing against you - Stefan

Profile E-mail