The International Canoe

The forum for the International Canoe
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Australia Team to 2017 Worlds
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:40 pm 

At this stage we look like we will have the same strength team as the last Worlds (in numbers I would say stronger on the water). However we need help to get our boat(s) to and from the Worlds I've had some good idea's on my Facebook page which I will look into. However if anyone has idea's of how to get out boats to and from the 2017 Worlds please feel free to contact me on here or email h_virtue@hotmail.com

Shipping in our own dedicated container financially inst viable with just 2 boats in at the moment. We would need at least 6 boats to make it a reasonable cost.

At this stage the only other Worlds on in the UK is the Mirrors so maybe sharing with them could work in one direction...
Getting onto a car carrier is an option I'll be looking into...
A freight forwarding company might be an option if I can find the right company...
A millionaire with money burning a hole in their pocket who likes the idea of helping out???
Corporate help???

Cheers
H.

Post subject: Re: Australia Team to 2017 Worlds
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:51 am 

Hi Hayden,

So I am pretty keen...really keen in fact... Completely motivated after the PCC's up at the Maas farm.

Only thing is I don't want to settle for a Nethercott loan/charter/lease boat anymore. I like to think I was sailing pretty well at the PCC's on a very light and tricked out Nethercott (thank you to Eric, Del and Chris, but mostly Eric for making it happen) and these guys in their fancy new rules boats were just leaving me for dead. Except for 4 times I was ahead of Chris , before he changed gear and blitzed me...

So I want a new rules boat up there, either my own which I hope to build soon or a loaner new rules boat.

I think your are right at the transport situation, and if you, Brett and I are the only interested players and with us distributed literally to 3 different ends of Australia, that will make it quite difficult.

14 months to solve the problem....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:53 am 

Hi
Very keen to see you guys at Pwllheli next year. If you can not find a way to ship boats over then we will do our best to find you something over here.
Alistair

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:17 am 

I am also more than keen, just doing the budget to make the trip viable.
From here I can not see how we will all be able to get our IC's together to put them into a container (I am 2150km North of Hayden while Stefan is 3500km to the West).
I would be keen to charter a boat, main concern for me is that I do not get a delicate boat as I am 100kg and don't want to spend my time fixing or destroying someone's pride and joy.
Maybe chartered new rules boats from the US container to improve their travel costs may be an option??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:24 pm 

Hi Brett,
We have 24 new rules boats in the uk, including some in build. Of these I think that possibly 4 boats I know will not be at the worlds, a couple in bits and a couple that I know will not be there but I do'nt think that the owners would like to charter out. Of the 20 I think may come we need to call the owners and see what there plans are, I'm hoping that they will all be sailing. There are a few new rules boats in Germany but again I don't know of any spare but will check with Arne in the new year. I think your idea of asking the US sailors about chartering would be a good avenue to explore.
The other options are Nethercotts and the Slurps, would these be of interest?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:02 pm 

Thanks Alistair,
Just to keep it interesting if a new rules boat could not be found an AC in reasonable condition or Nethercott would do the trick.
If it a case where a boat needed to be (re)assembled, would be happy to spend a couple of days putting a boat together.
Brett

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:34 pm 

Flights Are BOOKED :D

I am going!

Now to find a boat.... I would really like to find a new rules boat if it is possible. Of course if exhausting all possibilities of a new rules boat is unsuccessful, I would happily sail a Slurp or a Nethercott.

I'd better get training

Profile E-mail