The International Canoe

The forum for the International Canoe
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Europa Cup 2016
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:49 am 

Steve Clark (USA) presented a trophy at the Worlds in Travemunde in 2011 for the first ICOD (Nethercot). Its a half model called the Peter Nethercot trophy. Mark Goodchild won it in the USA in 2014.

It would be great to have a ICOD trophy for the Europa Cup, but as there is already a Nethecot trophy, best to call it something else.

It seems to me that if John is kind enough to donate such a trophy, then he has the naming rights. The Tony Miles trophy sounds good to me - his son Adrian was at Stone SC last week when the UK Nationals were on, and I'm sure he would be delighted to have a trophy named after his father.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:52 pm 

Medemblik is booked up for 2016, possibly a slot very late in season and outside holidays.

The best option for NL now appears Enkhuizen, not far from Medemblik, no as fancy but cool place, affordable and welcoming. We can get a slot and red carpet treatment at http://www.zeilschoolenkhuizen.nl/

They have a large camping on site, plenty of parking, beach and jetty for launch, 5 minute walk for the historical town of Enkhuizen with loads of pubs, hotels etc.

My plan right now is to go over with my AC, for a try-out sail, see how launching works, get a feel for the people and the cost. Will try to do this in 2 weeks time.

Nothing cast in stone, nothing decided, all input and ideas welcome, including the perfect date for the event.

Cheers,
John

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:43 pm 

Would be good if it was in the English school holidays (starts about 25th July)...but also needs to be in the German holidays as well (and not coincide with their Nationals). Don't know their holiday dates or National dates, so not a lot of help there!
New venue sounds good though.
Gaz

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:12 am 

The slot, where the relevant German states share their holidays is very short. 25th July to 3rd August, and we are trying to get the Nationals within that slot. It was not ideal this year as well, so that some sailors like Peter Ullmann could not attend at Travemünde, but I think it will be hard to find a proper EC date for everyone.

I had a chat with the chairman of the German Musto Skiff fleet. They are looking for a slot in NL in Mid September and were happy to share the regatta with us. Could that be a fall-back option for us? I will try to get more info on where, when and how long they will have their event.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:23 pm 

Any news on the date yet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:43 pm 

The Europa Cup 2016 will be held in conjunction with the UK Nationals at Pwllheli, N.Wales from Wed 31/8/16 to Sun 4/9/16.
There are some more details to finalise and I hope to publish more fully by this coming week-end along with details of all 2016 fixtures planned to-date.

Although many of us had hoped to be racing in Holland in 2016, it wasn't to be. There's plenty of enthusiasm for an event in Holland and it will happen in due course when all concerned with the organisation are happy with the various aspects of such an event.

Tony Marston
Hon Sec.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:04 pm 

Tony,
This is absolutely great news for the AC Fleet! To expect a good fleet abroad next year would be wishful thinking following the disaster of Germany and some disarray.This is an opportunity for AC's particularly across the UK to really get on their seats and be counted at a state of the art venue in fabulous surroundings rolling on from such a great AC turnout at our successful UK Nationals at Stone. The conditions will be challenging no doubt but once again, I say, get time in your boat and the combination of camaraderie, atmosphere, competition and adrenalin will win through.
If you are a true AC sailor you really must not miss out on this.
Top AC will receive £ 150, 2nd place £100 and 3rd place £50 courtesy SALTY YACHTS. Minimum 12 no. AC's entered as condition.( exclude all race positions from yours truly if applicable....highly likely on recent performances!)
Additionally, all AC crews will receive high quality dedicated embroidered Team Polo Shirts (Henri Lloyd) and sun caps.(sizes TBC no later than end of week 2 August 2016).
Go for it !!!
Steve AC310

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:08 pm 

Steve,

You almost tempt me. However much regret I can't make it on those dates.

Peter

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:29 pm 

The following website will give you details of the 2016 EUROPA CUP & UK NATIONALS at PLAS HELI, Pwllheli, North Wales.
Do keep your eye on it as it will be getting regular updates (all being well !).

It will soon be possible (again all being well) to record you intent to compete.

http://www.internationalcanoe.wales

Tony Marston
Hon.Sec.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 pm 

From an AC point of view it would be particularly helpful to know of POTENTIAL entrants for our NATS/EUROS at Pwllehelli. Early days but, getting a 'TEAM' ball rolling now will really help the promotion of such an exciting venue for ACs. A previous post has detailed a promotional package for attendance but the real prize will be a fleet of ACs blasting together across Tremadog Bay , kites up, full on followed by a cool beer or two revelling in our experiences...win or loose!
Please RSVP asap!
STEVE AC310

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:14 am 

steve. I will certainly be there. can I also remind everybody who is thinking of going to pre enter on the event website so I can see who I have to beat. andy
ps t shirt size large. hat size medium

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:32 pm 

re www.internationalcanoe.wales, Plas Heli report that the malware infection is being cleansed from the system and it should be cleared for more entries in a day or so. I will post again when I have confirmation from them that all is well.
Tony M

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:06 pm 

www.internationalcanoe.wales website is back up and running now that the malware attack has been cleared.

Entries for the Europa Cup and UK Nationals now into double figures. Keep 'em coming.

Tony M
GBR333 'White Knight'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:26 pm 

Looking at sponsors for the Europa Cup, and Worlds the next year. It would be helpful if I can provide potential sponsors with the e mail addresses of the competitors. Does anyone have any objection? These will presumably be used for advertising purposes, and you might even get some discounted offers!!
Obviously, if this is awkward and you need me to use a different e mail, just let me know. :roll: (discretion assured!!) Or, if you need double the offers, provide me with two e mails!
I am going to presume agreement unless I hear otherwise.... :lol: (probably not constitutional, but I am sure someone will let me know if i am totally wrong!).
Gaz

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:15 pm 

Gaz, not fully understanding your mail....sorry. Saltys small incentive is simple.... 12 AC boats entered and deal stands. Less than 12.... Nothing. We're nearly 1/2 way there. Not looking for exposure just want numbers.steve AC 310

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next