The year is of course 2013, not 2103 !!!!
Information here for all who haven't received it direct.
To All European Canoe Sailors:
Please find attached outline information for the Europa Cup 2013, which will be held in conjunction with the UK National Championships at Loch Lomond Sailing Club in Scotland.
It would help the organisers to get an approximate idea of numbers likely to attend, so please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your intentions:
Yes, I’m aiming to come to Europa Cup 2013 with … family/friends
I may be coming to Europa Cup 2013
Sorry, I can’t make it to Europa Cup 2013.
Please get in touch if you have any other queries.
INTERNATIONAL CANOE EUROPA CUP
UK NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2013
1. Loch Lomond Sailing Club is delighted to announce that the 2013 International Canoe Europa Cup and UK National Championship will be held at Loch Lomond SC, Stirlingshire, Scotland, from Monday 29th July to Friday 2nd August 2013. A briefing will be held around 1200 on the Monday and the first race will be around 1330.
2. The event is open to boats of the International 10 Square Metre Canoe Class and to the German Taifun Class. There will be a separate concurrent Championships for standard International Canoes (ICs) and for asymmetric spinnaker-fitted ICs (ACs).
3. Boat parking space will be available at the club from Saturday 27th July and visitors arriving early are invited to join in club races on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Access before Saturday 27th is possible by prior arrangement, as is safe boat storage for the following week.
Getting to Loch Lomond Sailing Club
4. The club is situated on the east shore of Loch Lomond, one mile north of Balmaha, on the B837 road to Rowardennan. A map can be seen at http://www.lochlomondsc.org/
under “Club Info”/”How to Find Us”.
5. A suggested approach route from the south is M6, M74, M8 through Glasgow, Erskine Bridge, A82 to Balloch, A811 to Drymen, then B837 (a recently-opened extension to the M74 joins the M8 in west Glasgow). An alternative from the east coast is A696 & A68 or A1 from Newcastle, then A720 (Edinburgh Ring Road), M9 to Stirling, A811 to Drymen and then B837.
Ferries from continental Europe
6. There are a number of ferry routes crossing the southern North Sea and the Channel. The DFDS ferry from Ijmuiden to Newcastle is probably the most convenient. The ferry from Zeebrugge to Rosyth is not operating at present.
7. Early booking is advised as this is peak holiday time.
8. Camping: Some space for small to medium tents is available within club grounds; book on the entry form, please. Some places for small campervans are also available. A Camping and Caravan Club site is adjacent to the sailing club and is highly suitable for larger tents, caravans and motorhomes. PLEASE BOOK EARLY WITH THE CAMPSITE AS AUGUST IS HIGH SEASON AND THE SITE WILL BE BUSY. Contact: Milarrochy Bay Camping and Caravanning Club Site; Telephone: 01360 870236. (No calls after 8pm please). For further details, visit http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/
and search for “Milarrochy Bay” Before end of March bookings can only be made online by Camping and Caravanning Club members.
9. The Forestry Commission has a campsite by the lochside at Cashel, one mile to the north of the sailing club. Contact: Bookings: 0845 130 8224 Site: 01360 870234.
10. Loch Lomond Waterfront has upmarket lodges at Balmaha, 1½ miles south of the club. Contact: 01360 870144, or see website http://www.loch-lomond-waterfront.co.uk/
11. B&B and hotel accommodation is available nearby; the following are within two miles of the club:
• The Oak Tree Inn Balmaha 01360 870357
• Mrs Bates, Bay Cottage Balmaha 01360 870346
• Mrs Cronin, Conic View Cottage Balmaha 01360 870297
• Mrs Crooks, Arrochoile Balmaha 01360 870231
• Mrs MacFadyen, Dunleen Milton of Buchanan 01360 870274
• Mrs Nichols, Mar Achlais Milton of Buchanan 01360 870300
• Critreoch 08452 255121 (next to the club)
12. Self-catering accommodation is also available locally. See http://www.loch-lomond.net/
13. A social programme is being arranged between Monday 29th July and Friday 2nd August. A range of activities will be available or suggested for families and friends, including boat trips on Loch Lomond, and a visit to a nearby island nature reserve. The club is also within easy reach of many major tourist attractions in Central Scotland.
Meals and Catering
14. Daily catering of soup, rolls, baked potatoes etc. will be available at the club at lunchtimes. Breakfast will be available daily.
Loch Lomond Sailing Club is looking forward to giving you a warm welcome and a great week!