Down under update

The forum for discussions in the southern hemisphere
H Virtue

Down under update

Post by H Virtue » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:51 pm

After approx 12 months away from IC's I couldn't stay away any longer. I have resumed the role of ICAA President and I'm heading to San Francisco for the Worlds.

Stefan is sailing regularly in Canberra and I believe Jim is joining in from time to time.

I'm flat out getting my boat back on the water (waiting for materials is so frustrating arrr) once I do I'll see who is keen for a long over due Canoe Rendezvous at AWYC.

In in the mean time if anyone has questions about IC's in Australia feel free to message me. I can also be found on the ICAA facebook page.

There are some IC's for sale in Australia at the moment mostly Nethercotts (oh btw I have one for sale AUS10 The Classic Statement). I'll do a run around to see who else has a boat they would like sell and update the classifieds once YA let me get back into the website (work in progress the person who can sort it is on leave).

We need a nationals I'll look into option here also, the cheapest and more central is Lake Hume, camping at the club, caravan park and resort not far away either. This will be either before my boat leave for San Fran or when it gets back.

H.

Dreamcatcher

Re: Down under update

Post by Dreamcatcher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:23 pm

Welcome back! :D

Sezed

Post by Sezed » Tue May 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Sailing Season has now wrapped up here in Canberra with the end of season regatta down at BBSC,

There are three of us in Canberra who are keen to get back into it once spring comes around and the weather warms up.

Jim who now has AUS 10 and is looking forward to the carbon upgrade, Chris who is looking forward to getting his old '64 planker (Aus???) on the water and myself, who is going to toy with a Nethercott which may be easier to manage on the Lake and also with Aus 21. Aus 21 and Aus 7 are both in need of some tender love and affection, and I will be spending the winter getting them looking good again. And getting a new sail….

WIth Hayden a few hours down the road one way and Mal a few hours up the road the other way and Geoff and Brett up in Sydney, there are a few of us in close(kinda close….) proximity, so I will be looking to you all for more participation come spring. I don't mind the travel to go places if I can get away from work…

I think I will start a thread for my boat refurb projects as well, I think I will need some guidance with some things.

See you in Spring for some sailing, Hayden - keep the worlds updates coming, I can't make it, but I am looking forward to hearing your exploits.

H Virtue

Post by H Virtue » Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 pm

If there is anything you need some help with let me know. If I don't know how to do it I bet I know some people who know allot more than I do that would also be happy to help out also (one of the great things about IC's).

Sounds like Canberra has become the centre of IC sailing hopefully others are also inspired by your enthusiasm I know I have been.

Unfortunately I wont be much competition early in the season with my boat not getting back from the World until most likely the end of October after that l'll been keen to hit that water again I'm sure.

Updates will continue... Jim will also be able give his accounts of the World,s Del has allocated a boat for him. Its going to be a great regatta one I've been looking forward to for some time... I'm somewhat more experienced than the 1993 Worlds.